Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Dye For

Hi there! It has been just too long not posting here...I know, I know....tell me about it. Anyway..... Starting to get back into my projects mode once again and decided to show a little sprucing of some upcycled T's. I have a pile of white shirts that are just...well dull and boring so I decide to take the plunge and give tye dying them a try. My first attempt didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself!
I will post and show the others too once I get them done. The Rit website is great and where I have to go to find some of the colors I am looking for ~ ordering them and waiting.... For your information, I went to Martha Stewart's tye~dye directions that I pinned on Pinterest. (Don't you just love Pinterest?)
I used the accordian fold that was described in the directions....easy. The only thing is ~~ I used BLACK Rit dye to do the shirt above and it really turned out looking like a shade of blue??? Oh well ~~ looks great! The secret trick here is that since the directions callled for an enamel or glass bowl tub to tye dye AND the water had to be heated or HOT. I did the shirt above in my old crockpot ~ Yes, I said crockpot! Worked and cleaned up great! Hold those thoughts and ideas...and I will be back to show off the rest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment